Hence, when choosing the best instant water heater to buy, efficiency and economy top the list of many households. Finding a good water heater can lower your water bill by up to 50% according to the United States Department of energy.
With many different models, brands or types, customers get confused when shopping for a water heater. This guide seeks to make it easier for you to choose the best water heater.
Tankless instant water heater
Tankless water heaters continue to gain popularity in major economies of the world including US, Europe, Canada, and Japan as a cost effective and more efficient alternative to traditional water heaters. Some common advantages associated with water include:
Cost efficiency since tankless water heater provides hot water on demand implying you don’t waste energy on standby heat. With modern insulation technique used in its manufacture, tankles water heater keep water hot after heating, so you don’t have to use more energy re-heating after a short duration. Durability and saving on space also make tankless water heater the best instant water heater to buy.
Tips for buying the best instant water heater
- Your requirements think of the uses of hot water in your home. How much hot water do you need on a daily basis in your home?
- Size, when thinking about the size of an instant water heater, the flow rate is the primary consideration as opposed to the capacity of the water heater. If you choose the wrong size, the water heater may not heat water as faster as you need. An ideal water heater should have a flow rate of 2 and 6 GPM( gallon per minute)
- Cost- The initial price, the installation cost, the maintenance costs and annual cost saving from using the water heater should be taken into consideration in determining the actual cost of a water heater. Pick the model that has the lowest price and offers more cost- saving in the long run.
- Energy efficiency- All instant water heaters are energy efficient, but some models consume less energy than others. Shop around for the most energy efficient one.
Top rated instant water heaters
To help you choose the best instant water heater to buy, here is list of top rated brands:
Best Water Heater under $200
This instant heater – Rheem RTE, 4GPM, 13 electrical heater is the best ever to be made. Its capacity to use less electricity to heat water for a whole home earned it an energy star certification.
With a 4 GPM flow rate (gallons per minute) implies it takes less than 20 seconds to heat water. It is one of the top- rated products online due to its capacity to supply hot water continuously on demand leading to high savings on water bills.
With a 7.8 pounds weight and 7.4 X 10 inches dimension, Rheem RTE is one of the smallest water heaters in the market taking small space in your home. Light-weight makes it easy to install in any space regardless of the prevailing conditions. Simplicity during installation is another cost saving feature of RTE. Some user-friendly features of RTE include:
- On- unit control of the temperature
- LED to point out or indicate the active elements of your heater as well as standby mode
- Brass heat exchanger ensures heat in the water remains consistently hot
- Modulating power is meant to keep the RTE in best working condition
Best High Capacity Water Heater
Users rate this model – Eco temp FVI-12 NG, 3.4 GPM High capacity tankless water heater highly due to its high energy efficiency providing hot water consistently at minimum energy consumption.
It comes with a 3.4 GPM flow rate or gallons per minute ideal for small households hot water needs. If you need hot water for two or more applications at the same time, then this model is ideal for you. Some user-friendly specifications of this model include:
- 20 pounds weight and 4X 6 inches dimension requires small space making it ideal for cottages, small homes like apartments and vocational homes.
- Electronic ignition system offers adequate safety.
- The 120 V electric outlets and an LC (listed cord) make Eco temp FVI-12 power efficient.
- 74,000 BTU temperature display (digital) offers efficient control system.
- The Stainless vent kit enables the heater to use gas only when hot water is on.
Best Instant Hot Water Heater to Buy
Rinnai RL75iN Natural Gas heater is one of the most technologically advanced water heaters. It is perfect both for residential homes and commercial developments providing constant hot water flow at minimum energy consumption. Some of its outstanding features include:
- Contemporary sleek design making it easy to fit Rinnai RL75 in small space.
- The vent system making it possible to mount Rinnai in any room as well as reduce the need for pipes which takes a lot of space in your home.
- Rinnai RL has high energy efficiency resulting from use of natural gas. This can save energy by up to 50 % compared to other brands. With a minimum gas rate of 10,300 BTU, it is highly eco-friendly with an efficiency of 82%.
- The digital controller code is used to notify users if there are any issues with the heater so as to rectify immediately.
- Customers love this model due to its 7.5 gallons per minute flow rate feature which makes water hot within seconds. Further, the hot water can be used for several purposes at the same time.
Whether you need to buy a new water heater or replace an existing one, the most important features to consider should be energy efficiency, economy, and flow rate.
Check out the Bestselling Water Heaters on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of June 22, 2017 5:38 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.